Our income portfolios are tailored to each client’s needs.
- Each fixed income portfolio is designed to preserve capital and meet the client’s after-tax return and income goals
- Purchase a diversified, uncorrelated portfolio of fixed income securities with attractive risk/reward characteristics
- Typically ladder securities to create a short-to-intermediate duration portfolio that is normally held to maturity.
- Typically purchase from a variety of dealers, seeking best execution and price
- Actively seek the best values among treasuries, agencies, municipals, mortgage-backed securities, corporate bonds, etc.
- Focus on high quality issues expected to provide ample cash flow and asset coverage under very depressed economic conditions
To a lesser extent, invest in bond mutual funds:
- These funds are value-based managers with few restrictions on security type, credit quality, or duration; therefore allowing them to go where they see the best values.
- Use funds to take advantage of special opportunities in the bank debt market, foreign markets, or convertible markets